The world may think you are only one person--But to one person, you may be their world.
4CNAs The Online Magazine
for Certified Nursing Assistants
With the CNA certification in California individuals must complete and pass both written and skills portion of a state approved Nurse Aide training exam Containing a minimal of 150 hours to be placed on the California registry. The Nurse Aide training in California shall consist of at least the following:
- One hundred (100) hours of clinical training under the immediate supervision of the Director of Staff Development or Instructor. The training shall include demonstration by the Instructor or Director of Staff Development of basic patient care skills based upon the theory and clinical instruction presented in classroom.
- A minimum of fifty (50) hours of classroom instruction shall be conducted in either a nursing facility, an agency or a public educational institution
Prior to any direct contact with a patient, a minium of 16 hours of training shall be provided in the following areas:
- Communications and interpersonal skills.
- Safety and emergency procedures including the Heimlich maneuver.
- Promoting the independence of patients.
- Respecting the rights of patients.
When you apply for the California CNA license exam, you would need to submit your official transcript of completing the school training, payment for your testing fees, completed application form, completed fingerprint cards, an ID photo, proof of immunization and other tests, as well as pass the state and federal background checks.
Search CNA Certification in California
CNA Certification California