The world may think you are only one person--But to one person, you may be their world.
The Online Magazine
for Certified Nursing Assistants
Patient Care Technician Resources
CNA Skill How to Remove Vinyl Gloves
CNAs are required to wear gloves to assist in preventing the spread of germs. Utilizing gloves will help protect both patients and certified nursing assistants from infection. Gloves provide a shield between germs and your hands and fingers. They your hands clean as well as reduce your potential for getting germs cause you to ill.
Nurse aides must gloves every time they are going to be coming in contact with blood, bodily fluids, bodily tissues, mucous membranes, or broken skin. It is important to gloves to do this type of contact, regardless of whether an individual healthy and of any germs.
When gloves off, make certain that the outside the gloves absolutely does not come into contact with your bare hands. Implement CNA skills for gloves:
CNA Skill: Steps to Remove Gloves
- Take the top of your right glove with your left hand
- Pull toward your fingertips. The glove will turn inside out
- Keep the empty glove in your left hand
- Place two right-hand fingers in the top of your left glove
- Pull toward your fingertips until you have pulled the glove inside out and off the hand. The right glove is going to be inside the left glove now
- Toss the gloves away in an authorized waste container
Always new gloves for each patient. Wash your hands between patients to transferring germs.