4CNAs The Online Magazine
for Certified Nursing Assistants
The world may think you are only one person--But to one person, you may be their world.
North Carolina Free Home Health Aide training will teach students to provide health care related services to the sick, disabled, mentally and physically challenged individuals of any age who can benefit from such service.
What services can an in-home aide provide in North Carolina?
In-home aide duties may include the following:
- help with prescribed exercises which the client and in-home aides have been taught by a health care practitioner licensed pursuant to G.S. 90; Home Care Quality Committee March 2013 Page 8
- provide or assist with personal care (i.e., bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair); assist with ambulation;
- assist client with self-administration of medications which are ordered by a physician or other person authorized by state law to prescribe;
- perform incidental household services which are essential to the client's care at home; and
- record and report changes in the client's condition, family situation or needs to an appropriate health care practitioner.
Oconaluftee Job Corps
Civilian Conservation Center
502 Oconaluftee Job Corps Road
Cherokee, NC 28719
North Carolina Free Home Health Aide Training
North Carolina Home Health Aide Classes